Symantec is the largest manufacturer of security software for computers in the world. It has been around since 1982 and has been a household name for many years providing antivirus protection for millions.
Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2012 provides protection for both Windows and Macintosh systems. And it ensures it protects these operating systems from all kinds of malware threats including viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware, keyloggers, adware, pop-ups and much more.
There are many technologies that have been included in Norton AntiVirus 2012 and the key ones are antivirus, anti-spyware, bot protection, Norton plus updates, anti-rootkit, Network Mapping and Monitoring, Norton Reputation Service and SONAR3 behaviour protection. And these features combine to protect your PC from the latest viruses, spyware and other malware threats. And they provide fast powerful online protection to shield you from cyber attacks. It also allows you to chat, e-mail and share files online without worrying about infections.
Norton has improved considerably over the years and many of the problems that plagued it in the past have largely disappeared. One problem it had, was its scanner which was a resource hog and would slow down the PC to a crawl during scans and updates. And this was one of the main complaints against Norton in the past in online customer reviews.
We’ve included below the pros and cons found in Norton AntiVirus and you should check them out before downloading the software:
1. Norton scores high on usability and protection of Windows XP according to AV-Test.
2. The interface allows you to shield the most complicated components that you may not want to use.
3. It has received awards from AV-Comparatives and West Coast Labs for antivirus desktop and anti-Trojan tests.
4. It scans your Facebook newsfeed to discover unsafe links or dangerous downloads.
5. Norton is quick to install and doesn’t consume memory and CPU resources.
6. It detects when you connect over a 3G network and stops any updates that aren’t essential so that you don’t pay your carrier for excess data.
7. Norton AntiVirus is now cloud-based and you can install, transfer and update your software from anywhere on the Internet.
1. The antiphishing feature in Norton AntiVirus is basic and you’ll need to upgrade to the internet security package for a better version of this software.
2. Norton is still a problem to uninstall and leaves files in your registry when you remove it.
Overall, Norton AntiVirus is a good security product and we recommended it for both home and business use. But it has fallen behind other programs like BitDefender and Kaspersky who now provide more protection features.
Visit Best Buy Antivirus to find the best antivirus software [http://www.bestbuyantivirus.net/] for your PC and download it in minutes. We also have the Norton AntiVirus review [http://www.bestbuyantivirus.net/2010/08/05/norton-antivirus-review/] which includes more details about this leading antivirus program.